Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What I'm Eating


And in case you're wondering, no my food choices are not related to pregnancy cravings. I left work early yesterday because I was feeling a bit under the weather and wanted to rest up and get better. Of course, working in a hospital means I have endless resources, recommendations and suggestions from nurses on how to alleviate even the most minor of problems. As I was leaving, one nurse suggested that I a) drink pickle juice (which I actually used to do when I was little!) or b) eat a lot of dill pickles to help my sore throat. She said there's something about the vinegar in the pickles that has an antibiotic affect if what I'm up against is bacterial. Whatever the case, I'm desperate to feel well again before baby decides to make his/her entrance into the world so I didn't ask questions and had Graham serve me up a bowl of pickles when I arrived home. This same nurse also suggested sipping hot orange juice with honey to ease my throat pain. For some reason, this sounded more disgusting to me than drinking pickle juice but at this point, I'll try anything. The concoction is actually quite nice and really does feel good on my throat! In fact, I think I'll go heat up a mug for myself right now....Pray for good health soon as baby could decided it's time at any given moment now that I'm term!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you're feeling sick, Kelsie! My favourite home remedy for sore throats is to heat a mug of hot water and put in a few good spoonfuls of apple cider vinegar and a spoonful of honey. Sounds like the hot orange juice is a similar idea. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh I am sorry you are sick..but you know what they say - usually you get sick right before labor :)..blessings as you become a family of three!! oh and I am going with girl just for fun even though you both think it is a boy.

    ReplyDelete