Tuesday, March 16, 2010

29 Weeks

The most notable thing from this week is how excited (hyper?) Isla gets when she is interacted with. If you say her name or stand over her or make faces at her or talk to her, she starts flapping her arms, kicking her legs, shrieking and panting. The louder and more animated you are, the louder she is and the more she flaps. It is quite hilarious and we love getting her all worked up (although I'm sure we'll soon regret encouraging this loud behavior).

Isla (finally) discovered her feet this week. She'd noticed them before but didn't seem interested. But this week, she is kicking up her legs, grabbing her toes and trying to pull her socks off. I've also noticed Isla tapping her foot or hand this week as if she is keeping a beat. Hopefully some of Graham's musical talent has been passed on!

Isla became ticklish this week! I didn't realize it was a "learned" behavior...
It seems like Isla is picking up on repetitive actions now. For instance, when I tip her backwards and then bring her back up, she tries to get me to do it again. She hasn't quite figured out how to tip herself back on her own, but I can tell by her face and subtle body movements that she wants me to repeat. She is also working hard on learning to mimic us (although I think mostly her "copying" is coincidence so far).

We have added peas and cooked apples to Isla's pantry. The first day she got the peas, she took one bite and then wouldn't open her mouth again (even though I switched to sweet potato). I ended up mixing the peas with avocado, gradually increasing the amount of peas and now she eats them just fine on their own. Apples were the first food we introduced that she DIDN'T make a face at.

Of note, literally EVERY time I put Isla in her little Bumbo chair to eat, she has to poop. I don't know what it is but it must put her in just the right position to do her business....

1 comment:

  1. What a pretty girl she is! She looks so much like you and Graham in these pictures.

    ReplyDelete