Friday, March 19, 2010

Awesome Weekend

It's supposed to be sunny and how could it not be wonderful with all we have planned?

At 3:30 PM today, spring break can officially start for Graham--school is out and we both have a week off work! We have lots planned. (If you recall, we initially got this chunk of time off in hopes of going to Mexico. We opted to do a staycation instead to save $$ for France...if it is still going to happen). Tonight we head to Bellingham for dinner with my fam followed by a Brandi Carlile concert, one of my Christmas gifts to Graham. Tomorrow, after watching a little bit of my brother's baseball game, we are going to leave Isla with my parents and celebrate our anniversary with our very first night away! We aren't going far. In fact, we'll be within 6 miles of our own doorstep in downtown Kirkland. I think it says a lot when you can go downtown in your own city and feel like you're on vacation. We love where we live! We have dinner reservations at my newest favorite restaurant (Cafe Juanita) and will probably also enjoy breakfast out before retrieving the little missy.

On Sunday, we are going to dinner with friends downtown Seattle, followed by a Jamie Cullum concert (boy, we sure are living it up--2 dinners out and 2 concerts--I think this is a first!) We haven't mapped out the rest of the week exactly but we are hoping to do the following:

-get coffee and chocolates and hangout in the Four Seasons lobby downtown (this was highlighted as the "thing to do" in one of our Sunset magazines so we're going to give it a try)
-tour Theo Chocolate in Fremont
-travel to Tacoma to visit the Museum of Glass followed by some hushpuppies and other real southern food at Southern Kitchen. (We saw it featured on Food TV and my secret indulgence is hushpuppies so I've been dying to go ever since. Shhhh, don't tell).
-see the latest and greatest at SAM (curtosy of the free passes through Graham's work)
-revisit the Joe Bar for crepes, one of our favorite pastimes when we were dating
-replace and replenish my wardrope with a trip to the outlet mall

Believe it or not, we will actually be able to do all this AND save money (when you're comparing it all to a trip to Mexico of course!) I hear Isla waking so I'm gonna get this spring break kicked off when a nice walk in the sunshine. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment