Monday, March 15, 2010

Speaking to Me

I had a really rough week last week for some reason, one of those weeks where I felt like I was wearing too many hats and wearing all of them poorly. Finding a healthy balance is my never-ending struggle-there's being a mom, wife, daughter, sister, friend, professional, housekeeper etc. Honestly though, I know the root of my issue. I've been skimping on my quiet times but craving some real good times of connection with God (how I expect to get that without investing the time/effort is another story...) So, Graham and I took a trip to the Christian book store to find a bible study for me that focuses particularly on motherhood and the new challenges it brings. LADIES, if you relate to anything I'm saying, may I recommend "Make Over. Revitalizing the Many Roles You Fill" by Jen Hatmaker? I made it as far as the first chapter and already found a quote that I just have to share:

"He gets your weariness. He appreciates you fears. He understands your aggravation when you feel more like a maid than a wife. He has sympathy for your fatigue. God realizes your professional passions....Certainly He identifies with every tear shed over your children....His understanding no one can fathom."

Of course, this quote is refering to a passage of Scripture, Isaiah 40:29-31. "He give strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

If you come over anytime in the next couple weeks, you might just find these quotes plastered all over my house. I hope they speak to you as much as they are to me. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who gets overwhelmed by life as a woman!

1 comment: