Tuesday, March 23, 2010

30 Weeks

Isla spent her very first night away from us on Saturday night. She reportedly did great (although her caretakers were at Starbucks in the morning when we called to check in...did she by chance keep them up?) and I did okay too but I was ready to have her back when we picked her up.

She is becoming quite rambunctious and seems to have a bad case of the wiggles this week. She has started to kick her legs and squirm when she doesn't like the way she is being held or when she wants to be put down--What?! She's never wanted to be put down before. Ever! There have been a couple times where she is sitting on my lap but will lean over and twist and spin to move off my lap and onto the couch next to me.
Isla has added oatmeal and carrots to her food likes list. Actually there isn't anything that we've offered that she won't eat so far. She's turned into quite the little bird and sits in her seat with her mouth wide open, waiting for a bite (particularly when you are trying to multi-task and are not paying attention). She has quit trying to "help" and we no longer have to use the 2-spoon trick (which makes eating a bit cleaner, much to my delight).

Isla visited Snoqualmie Falls for the first time yesterday.  
We've caught Isla drinking from her sippie cup all by herself a few times while in her carseat-big girl!

Speaking of her carseat, she's turned into quite the happy car traveler. She'll be quiet in the back seat and then, out of nowhere, burst out with some crazy farm animal sounds and squawks. She seems to be quite entertained by herself.  

She is also loving her toys lately, particularly her singing mailbox from G+G Wilson and her colored stacking rings. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm thinking I might actually want to buy a couple toys for her as a lot of what we have is more for the newborn stage. Or I'll just give her my tupperware and measuring cups...
As for her sleeping habits, daylight savings changed up her bedtime a bit and she's been going down closer to 7 now. She wakes up usually once around 3:30 AM for the binkie but usually doesn't eat until 5:30 AM. She goes right back to sleep usually until 8 or 8:30. She is napping a little better now too and seems to have finally adjusted to our packing away the swaddle.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love the picture oh Isla on the bed! So stinking cute! And her eyes are gorgeous Kelsie! They look like her mama's!

    ReplyDelete