Monday, March 22, 2010

Thankful

Today I am feeling particularly thankful for:

-Grocery Outlet. I know people, it is sorta ghetto (Graham calls it a "used food store"), but where else can you find a Kashi frozen pizza with plantains and kale in a guava-infused jerk sauce? Or a giant wheel of President's brie for only $2.99? Or Annie's Naturals Organic dressings for a buck fifty? They never have everything (like good produce for instance) but they will often have deals on one-time specialty lines and other gourmet products. Only downside is that you're never gonna know what they have until you get there...it almost works better to plan your menu AFTER you shop.

-Isla's Grandparents. My parents took Isla on Friday night so we could go to concert #1 and then over Saturday night so Graham and I could celebrate our anniversary. It was so nice to know both parties were having a blast and we were thankful for the opportunity for her to bond with her grandparents and uncles. Then last night, my inlaws took Isla so we could go to dinner and a concert with friends. We ended up trading cars with them for the evening so they could have Isla's carseat. It was dark when we got back and so it wasn't until this morning that I realized our Jetta had been WASHED AND VACUUMED and the oil had been topped off!!! There is almost nothing that excites me more than a clean car (okay, that's a bit of a stretch) but I do LOVE when the floors are clean. We bring our cars to a certain gas station for oil changes specifically because they also vacuum the interior so this was a special treat! We'll let the Crozier's babysit Isla (and our car) anytime!

-Sunshine! Enough said.

-My Beaba BabyCook baby food maker. I have been busily making baby food today and it is so nice to be able to steam and puree all in one machine. This is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment