Sunday, April 3, 2011

18 Weeks

(photo taken 3/30/11)

That means I am almost halfway done!! *panic* This is going by so quickly!!

This week, I have been spending money like we actually have some. I have been on a desperate search for maternity jeans since my pairs from my 1st pregnancy fit completely different this time around. Even my husband agrees. I asked him about one pair of my pants "Do they look horrible?" and his reply was "They're not too horrible." Perfect. Totally the look I'm going for! Anyway, so I've spent the week searching high and low for any store that carries maternity clothes (having them in-store seems to be a thing of the past!!) and any store that carries pants in long. I finally gave up and ordered 2 pairs from gap.com, sight unseen. Thank goodness for free shipping if they don't work! I've needed a few other pieces to fill in some gaps in my maternity wardrobe and since Graham's been working, I decided it was just easiest to buy the whole store, come home and model everything and then let him choose what I should keep. It feels like I've spent a TON of $$$$ but 3/4 of my purchases have gone back to the store.

The baby is really moving around a lot now. It's not enough yet for Graham to be able to feel it from the outside but we've got a busy little one in there! I'm loving the movement as it is helping it all feel more "real." I'm finding the second time around to be so different since I've more or less "been there, done that."

When I was pregnant with Isla, I found I was super worried that I'd deliver prematurely (given my profession, it sometimes feels like that is the "norm" since it is mostly all I see) so I was totally prepared for an early birth--up to a few months early even! This time around, I'm not as worried about early delivery as I am about congenital abnormalities. I didn't even think to worry about those the first time around but this time I'm super anxious to have our ultrasound to make sure all the apparent body parts are at least as they should be (though I think I will still worry until I'm able to see this little one and hold him/her for myself().

We had a MOPS clothing/baby gear swap this week. I picked out one baby girl item, size 3 months. I looked at the boy stuff too but it just didn't feel right.

I've had a sore throat in the mornings when I wake up. Thankfully it fades midday and then it returns along with a hoarse voice at night.

I'm sleeping pretty well but think my mental alarm clock has been set for 6 or 6:30 AM as I can't seem to sleep any later. This has actually always been my norm though. It wasn't until having Isla that I was able to fall back asleep after a 6AM waking.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...baby girl clothes, eh? Interesting... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so cute. It does seem like it's going by really fast..so, you're not finding out what you're having huh?

    ReplyDelete