Thursday, April 28, 2011

Just so we're all clear....

There are a few things that you should never, ever say to a pregnant woman. Honestly, I thought they were kind of obvious. Apparently not so I'm gonna facilitate a brief review for my readers.

But let's first start off with what you should say. All of the following will certainly be appreciated:

"You look beautiful!"
"You're just glowing!"
"Wow, you are all baby."
"You look so cute pregnant!"
"I didn't even know you were pregnant from the back."

But pretty, pretty please, do not ever say any rendition of any of the following to anybody:

"How far along are you again? Wow, you're looking big!"
"You're much bigger this time around, aren't you?"
"You look tired."
"Wow, you already have the back fat!"
"You should get up and get it. You need the exercise."
"You're showing already??"
"I think you're having a boy because you look haggard."

Okay that's all. Thank you very much!

3 comments:

  1. ha.

    I remember someone telling me..."you're looking heavy" and i quickly replied..."that's not the adjective I would have used"

    it shut them up.

    i think practicing some short but too the point replies is a good way to nip it in the bud and hope they've learned their lesson?!

    seriously, as if pregnant people don't have enough to deal with- funny post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got "looks like you've been eating a lot of pizza!" and then another pregnant girl compared herself to me and thought that I must be having a girl since I was looking "wider" than her. Nope, that's just my body shape...thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to add "I knew you were having a girl because with a boy you carry the weight in your stomach and with a girl, you carry the weight in your thighs". Gee thanks.

    ReplyDelete