Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A tribute to my Dad

Folks, I'm so excited to announce that tomorrow is my Dad's last day of work!! He will be officially retired by sundown. I'm so proud of him! He has worked faithfully for ARCO/BP for his entire career and is well known by all at the plant after his 30+ years of service there. I have many fond memories of ARCO/BP including numerous camping trips to ARCO Park (the company's employee recreation area) the annual family picnic and collecting rocks and shells on the beach at the rec area. I even spent a summer out there as a paid intern in their medical center during my college years.

CONGRATS DAD ON YOUR RETIREMENT!!!

I'm including a little blurb the company sent out about my Dad:

Back in 1974 when the crude rate was 110 kbpd and 3D process models were plastic, Joe Wilson started his career with ARCO as a young co-op student from Washington State. He made the transition to fulltime in 1977 after receiving his Mechanical Engineering degree. Now after a successful career spanning 37 years Joe will retire at the end of April. During those years he held leadership positions in Engineering, Maintenance, Operations, TAR, and Commercial. Throughout his career Joe’s successful efforts have helped create the Cherry Point we know today. Some of his successes are distant memories like successfully changing out the first hydrocracker catalyst load, and some of his successes will be with us forever like tank 49 and the new crude tower top.


In retirement, Joe plans to continue working with Maranatha Orphanage in Haiti to implement programs that are self sustaining and provide job opportunities for years to come.

2 comments: