Sunday, April 17, 2011

Little Buddy

As the weekend comes to a close, my heart is overflowing with joy and thankfulness for all the blessing in my life, sweet Isla in particular. She and I had a great weekend together. We didn't plan anything really special but spent most of Saturday running errands while Graham was in class (with a little break for coffee and a walk in the sunshine with a friend). She was such a trooper as we frequented FOUR grocery stores in all, as well as a trip to UPS, Molbaks and Jo-Ann Fabrics for various items. Isla was so chipper and kept me company during what I thought would be a pretty dull day. She just sat in the car (or cart) singing and chatting and pointing out other babies and favorite objects. I'm LOVING that I can practically converse with her which makes life so exciting.

My favorite tidbits from the weekend:

-How she started shrieking "Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!" every time a stoplight turned green and we got to accelerate.
-How she followed me EVERYWHERE around the house and wanted to be by my side at all times.
-How when I asked her what she wanted for dinner, she told me very specifically: "Noodles!" and "Apples!"
-How she helped me plant my vegetable/herb garden and then was insistent that we walk together to the dumpster holding our buckets.
-How when I laid down on the couch, she ran over and exclaimed "MOMMA!!!" followed by a kiss kiss, hug hug and head snuggled next to mine.
-How she began singing a silly song in a duck-quack voice to entertain both myself and the other nice man in the seed section of Molbaks.
-How she wailed in utter distress when I accidentally sat on and squashed the hamburger bun she'd dropped (picture unbalanced pregnant lady in dress trying to sit on porch swing that is missing it's center support netting so all sitters slide down crash together in center).

A coworker told me (even before I knew that I was expecting) that when I got pregnant again, I'd wonder if I'd ever be able to love a second child as much as I love my first. I thought she was crazy. But now I see what she means. My heart is just bursting over Isla and I wonder how more love for another child can possibly fit in there. But I know it will.

I love this girl to pieces and I can't get enough of her! I love, LOVE having a daughter!! She's my little bud.

No comments:

Post a Comment