Monday, May 30, 2011

Pensacola - Day 5

I think the key take-home point from our trip is this: WE NEED A SWIMMING POOL! For once in her life, Isla turned into a great napper after spending our mornings at the pool. It was glorious. She slept for at least 1 1/2 hours everyday (a Christmas miracle!) and sometimes even 2 hours (If your kids nap longer than this in a day, I'm tellin' ya, count yourself very blessed!) Anyhow, if you're wondering about that big hole I'm digging in the backyard, well....

So the whole purpose of our trip was to attend the wedding of my friend Sarah to her fiance James. Sarah and I met early on during my year in Dallas and was a great support for me when I was far from home. We were thrilled to have her in our wedding and just as thrilled to be invited to attend her destination wedding. I've never been to a wedding on the beach, particularly a beach as beautiful as Pensacola. Que romantico!
I loved that the beach made it feel a little less formal so it wasn't a big deal if Isla let out a couple peeps. Thankfully they handed out bottles of water a) because it was quite warm and b) because they kept Isla entertained through the entire ceremony.
I've never attended a wedding barefoot before!
Seriously, could the setting be any more gorgeous?
The glowing, BEAUTIFUL bride
The reception took place at the naval base in Pensacola. Isla got to not only see but also touch her first Blue Angel.
Oh man how I miss Sarah! It was so good to see her and introduce her to Isla. Sarah is probably one of the most giving people I know. She even offered (as the bride!!) to hold Isla for a song so Graham and I could dance. Isla wasn't shy at all and loved being at "Sarah's Wedding."
My legs were pretty tired so thankfully Graham had another lady he could dance with....the two of them also performed a spontaneous duet out in the lobby that had the guests raving.
Congrats to Sarah and James and thanks so much for letting us be a part!

No comments:

Post a Comment