Monday, May 30, 2011

Pensacola - Day 6

This final trip post will be short and sweet! The morning began with a post-wedding catered brunch with the other out-of-town guests. Isla was begging to go to the "cool" the whole time and since we wanted to wear her out so she'd take a good nap before our late flight, we obliged, said our goodbyes and hit the pool. We had another picnic lunch on our patio (consisting of leftover items from the hotel breakfast buffet). Isla somehow got a hold of a bag of Lay's. I don't know that she actually ate any but I thought it made for a comical picture.
Look at the view from our patio!
Words can't describe how much I love this little girl (or this picture!) Look at those crazy curls!
We were able to do a late check out after Isla napped at 2 PM and then returned to the pool for more water time. We showered off in the little outdoor beach shower before getting dressed in the hotel bathroom and heading off the the airport for our 6:40 PM flight. The trip home was LONG with a brief layover in Houston. All the flights were packed to the brim I think because they were having to re-route a lot of passengers because of all the tornadoes in the midwest. It seemed like there were a LOT of people standing around the airport which made me nervous that our flight would also get canceled. Thankfully, we landed without incident shortly after midnight in Seattle (felt like 2 AM Florida time!) Isla slept for most of the Houston to Seattle leg but I just couldn't get comfy. As much as I'm not looking forward to paying for a 3rd ticket, I am looking forward to having my lap free. Oh wait....we're having a baby, aren't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment