Friday, July 1, 2011

Father's Day 2011

I'm so behind on my blog. But I wanted to make sure that I documented the fact that we have been managing to squeeze in some fun amidst the busyness the accompanies being less that NINE WEEKS from due date! Father's Day this year was low key and fun. Graham's dream was to grab some food from Whole Foods and spend a sunshiney afternoon at the beach reading magazines and having a picnic. Well, do any Seattlites remember Father's Day? It wasn't exactly sunny. So we quickly changed gears. Graham's other desire was to pretend we were in France just like Father's Day last year. I whipped up some sweet crepes the night before and packed a sack breakfast which we took to a new Kirkland coffee shop, Cafe Rococo. We ordered coffees from them but provided our own breakfast of nutella crepes with strawberries, bananas and whipped cream. We (okay just maybe just Graham) has no shame!
Isla and I did a little shopping earlier in the week and surprised Graham with a pair of his long-desired Toms Shoes. Funny story. So we've been married 4 + years now and is it horrible of me to admit that I DO NOT KNOW MY HUSBAND'S SHOE SIZE?? I tried for a while to casually get it out of him but could never get a straight answer. Now I know most of your are probably thinking "Duh, just go look at a pair of his shoes and see what size they are!" Well, I actually thought of that, but unfortunately, NO TWO PAIRS OF HIS SHOES ARE THE SAME SIZE!!!! I was completely baffled but then it all began to make sense why he wouldn't give me a straight answer. Well, for all who are wondering, we now know he wears a size 10 1/2. :)

After making a delicious lunch together of pork chops stuffed with ham and cheese with mushroom sauce and roasted cauliflower, we lounged around and enjoyed a day indoors. We watched our friends' son that night and invited Graham's family over for traditional Sunday night scones in honor of his dad.

I'd just like to say for the record, Graham is an amazing dad. I still can't get over how easily he transitioned into the new role and how wonderful he is with his daughter. I tell him all the time that he is just made to father girls. He knows just what they need. He is intentional about telling her that she is beautiful, he is extraordinarily creative in his play with her, he makes her laugh every day and he is very patient. Happy Father's Day to an awesome Dad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment