Monday, July 18, 2011

"Summer"

My spirit needed a little bit of a pick-me-up this morning as the weather in the NW has been a bit dreary for the month of July. I feel like everyone around me is complaining about it so really my intent is not to jump on that bandwagon. I just needed a little photo reminder that we HAVE had some periods of summer in recent weeks.
Isla and I have been having picnic lunches in the backyard whenever possible. We also go to go to one of Uncle Ben's baseball games when his team traveled to south Bellevue. Isla frequently asks to go to his games now.
 We spent our first day (of hopefully many) at the lake this summer with some other members of the family on a lazy Wednesday afternoon.
 Isla was fearless and didn't seem to mind that the lake was freezing and dunked completely multiple times. Did I mention she was pretty much the only kid (of MANY) that was brave enough to go in the water? I love her "I-can-do-anything" spirit! You can't tell from this picture but she was shrieking with glee as she climbed up and down the steps into the lake.
The forecast for the remainder of the week is looking pretty grim but I'm hopeful we'll complete at least a couple things on my agenda:

-rest!
-check out the outdoor pool in downtown Kirkland!
-go berry picking!

Happy July to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment