Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Hat Island Take 2

I think I'm still coming off of the "high" after returning from a wonderfully relaxing weekend on Hat Island with the Crozier Clan. I think this is becoming my 3rd trimester pregnancy tradition since the last time we went I was 35 weeks pregnant with Isla. Maybe it's because we're thrill seekers (had I gone into labor, the only way off the island in the case on an emergency is to have a helicopter land in the middle of the golf course and fly you back to the mainland.) Anyhow, I remember the last trip well because it was on a beach walk here when my hip first starting popping out of joint in preparation for "things to come" which totally freaked me out. This time around, I was pushing 32 weeks and my hip had already been popping out for many moons. It really is a great vacation spot for pregnant persons but I did tell my sister-in-law that I nominate her to be the pregnant one next time around. :)
Everything about the house we rent is awesome. I'm pretty sure it's the nicest on the island and oober modern. I actually sort of liked the modernity of it though (Graham's usually the one with the modern taste!) I told him that if he built me a house (almost) just like it, I could "handle" it. It'd be a great compromise of our tastes.
The open floor plan is amazing and the fact that pretty much the entire living space is solid windows or sliding glass doors. See, look at the view I had while doing dishes! Can't complain...
We more or less spent 3 full days lounging, eating, walking the island, crabbing or clamming, kayaking, sunbathing, napping and reading (I think everyone finished at least one book except for me who made it to page 264 of my LARGE PRINT version of "The Help." I sorta had a toddler to chase but I'd call that pretty good given my recent reading track record.) I assure you, Graham was wearing pants in this picture!
"Carry please!!!!" Isla still wasn't the biggest fan of sand underfoot...
John caught enough crab to eat it as the main course for TWO dinners--heaven!
Isla slept in the "Monkey Room" with all these stuffed monkeys that she spent much of the time doting on. She wanted ALL the animals in the chair, under the blanket just so and then she would rock them. If ever one fell to the floor (which happened about every 2.3 seconds), she would beg someone to fetch it.
We had GORGEOUS weather for the long weekend with the exception of Sunday which started off a little wet. With all the windows in the house, it didn't even feel gloomy (another reason I want Graham to build me one just like it).
Isla literally spent 1 1/2 hours one evening pouring water from one stacking cup to another. She was soaking wet and freezing by the end of it but refused to stop until someone cut up the watermelon...
We striped off her wet clothes and she went to town on that wedge of melon!
Graham and I even got to watch a sunset ALONE together one evening. Sigh. The glories of traveling with family! As always, I came away from the trip loving my family even more--we are truly blessed!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! Thanks for posting your pics too - that was so much fun!! I love all the pictures of Isla eating watermelon. Those were my favourite. And we'll see about trading off who is pregnant next time . . . ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did you do 3 weekend days? We were just looking at a different place on the island and saw the ferry only runs at 6pm fri night and you have to return sun at 6pm or else stay till wednesday.....next year we'll have to find some couples to book that place with, it looks awesome!
    kari

    ReplyDelete