Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Pregnancy 2: Weeks 33 and 34

(Taken 7/20/11, 34 weeks)
Random tidbits:
-Baby keeps kicking my right hip which causes SHARP pains. I thought I was suppose to be carrying him/her in my belly but sometimes I wonder if my uterus hasn't extended down into my thigh. Weirdness.
-The left side of my belly sticks out further than the right.
-I feel the most movement on the way lower right (near my hip) and then in the middle, just left of my belly button.
-There have been a few times lately when I think my belly button is going to split right open. It is still an "innie" but one side of it is being stretched more than the other making it show under my shirts now.
-I enjoy balancing a book or laptop on my belly and watching it jump around (and sometime fall off) as the baby jerks and kicks.
-Graham and I felt the baby hiccup for the first time last night! The baby remained super active for 2 hours straight (the length of an entire movie) which I'll admit grew a little uncomfortable by the end.
-I've been sleeping remarkably well and still am only using TWO pillows. I think having a toddler is quite helpful as she wears me out during the day so I can't help but crash at night. I usually wake up 1-2 times/night but it doesn't bother me because I'm so tired I immediately fall right back to sleep.
-My hip joint isn't hurting much anymore!
-I/baby continue to measure "right on."
-Baby's heart rate at my last appt was 136 which made me briefly think BOY until I asked a dr at work if there was any science behind that idea....
-Tragic news this week: my dr said I can't go to my good friend's wedding which takes place in deep OR, 11 days before my due date (Isla came 12 days early). I'm SO BUMMED. Unless baby comes early (yes please!) or we choose to disobey (could I live with the guilt?) we won't be able to go. Boooooo.
-I'll be honest. As much as I'm DYING for sun, the lower temps have been quite now as my little radiator seems to add an extra 10 degrees to whatever the outdoor temp is running. Maybe being pregnant through the whole summer wasn't such a bad idea after all!
-I washed all of the newborn girl/neutral stuff I own this week. Now to find it a home...

No comments:

Post a Comment