Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Emma: 6 Weeks

This little girl has started smiling and I've fallen in love all over again. Times 10! It happened for the first time last Wednesday (10/5) when I got up in her face and said "Hi Emma!" I knew it was a real smile but made her do it like 5 more times, just to be sure. Today I was finally able to catch a picture of it.

I had been swaddling Emma with her arms out because she seemed to like it better after we got home from the hospital. But then this week, after one particularly rough evening when it was nearing 1 AM and she still wasn't asleep, I stuffed her arms inside and wrapped her super tight. She was out in minutes and thus commenced arms-in swaddling.

Oh my little presh presh! I can't get enough of these chubba cheeks!
Emma is sort of a spitty lady. The girl needs to be burped like I need oxygen to breathe. I definitely think she has some mild reflux as she urps and spits and looks like she gagging on a hairball if she is laid down flat too soon after eating. Thankfully I'm learning her cues and can usually tell when she needs a good burp or to be held upright. 

She isn't too keen on her bouncy seat but usually falls asleep on car rides in her carseat and will sleep for HOURS afterward if we keep her in it and transfer her inside. She has NEVER slept as well out of the seat and take lots of cat naps that last ~10 minutes.

She's making some fun cooing sounds and you can also see her gag on a hairball in this video. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment