Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Jingle Bell 5K

We made a very quick trip up to Bellingham last Friday to Saturday for the Jingle Bell Run. Both my mom and sister had been following the couch to 5K plan so we thought it would be fun to do the race together. And believe it or not, we all finished! I crossed the finish line at 27 minutes and 42 seconds which I was pretty excited about for my first race ever.  
 My ever-so-loving husband braved the cold (and the early hour!) with the girls to watch me cross the finish line (I'm on the far left). The race was super fun with lots of people dressed up in costumes and we all had bells on our shoes.
 We thought it'd be fun to run the race together but found our paces were too different so we all finished separately. Here comes Mom! I think she finished in 34 minutes.
 Poor Lani caught a horrible cold (including bruised ribs!) and was sick for a month so wasn't able to run much. She was hard core and decide to do the race anyway, even though she'd never run the 3.1 mile distance before. When we saw her rounding the final corner, we joined her for a sprint to the finish. Can you tell she's happy to still be breathing? :) 
The freezing fans
 Awkward picture--looks like Lani's trying to make a little announcement for me...
 Even more awkward picture...Graham made us do it! It got three times more awkward when the neighbors drove up mid-pose.
So, I gotta admit, running the race was really fun. And possibly addicting. I definitely felt a little competitiveness kick in when I saw the clock at the finish line. I think a 10K is on the horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment