Tuesday, December 27, 2011

St Nicholas Day 2011

Did St Nicholas visit you this year?

Funny that I should finally get around to finishing this post the day we take down our tree....St Nick left some special goodies in our shoes this year, as is tradition in our family. Of course there was the token orange in the toe which Isla was pretty excited about.
Emma needs bigger shoes, that's the moral of the story! One of her new ornaments almost fit. This cute bunny is a Brushkin from the Philippines, made from the fiber of the Buri palm tree.
Isla's Brushkin was this adorable little pig.
I got a fox and Graham a mouse.
Graham and I also helped St Nick pick out a couple ornaments for the girls and for each other. Isla has been loving Russian dolls so ours was a hit!
Emma got one too!
I got Graham this globe because he used to be really obsessed with old maps. He got me a framed old map of Hawaii while we were dating and this ornament reminded me of it. It's also very fitting, well, I want to travel the world with him!
And last but not least, I now have a pickle on my tree! I have accumulated quite the collection of foodie ornaments over the years and I love to have them on the side of the tree facing the kitchen so I can look at them while I cook.
St Nick has been good to us over the years, so good that we are gonna need a bigger tree!!

2 comments: