Friday, December 2, 2011

Emma: 12 and 13 Weeks

12 Weeks (11/22/11)

Definitely the highlight of the past couple days is that Emma has started to full on giggle. She's been doing some mild laughing for a couple weeks now but now I can say she laughs for real. The best part about it was that it happened when I was doing my devotions. I decided to read to her aloud and she just thought it was so hilarious and started laughing out of no where. Oh my goodness I just love it!

In addition to laughing, she's really found her voice this week. She squeals and sometimes shrieks just for fun--it is quite entertaining. Her sounds can escalate rather quickly from happy coos to high pierced screaming and it is sometimes hard to tell whether she is just "talking" or upset. But when she gets full on upset, man is she upset!! The girl may be generally laid back but she sure has an opinion about some things!
Emma has become a little fist sucker! She finds that hand of hers and can entertain herself for quite some time just sucking away. She also seems to enjoy sucking on my arm if it is anywhere in the vicinity. As a result of all this mouth action, we're going through a lot more onesies these days from all the drool.

The little missy slept through the night 11/17 (10 to 5 AM) and then again 11/23 (10 to 5:30). And then this past week she made it until 5 AM almost every night I think. I am a happy woman!
13 weeks (11/30/11)

Emma really hates dirty diapers as I'm sure anyone would who has poo like hers. She lets me know right away if she needs to be changed. I don't recall Isla being like that at all (maybe the reason she has such minimal interest in potty training?)

I realized that the wee one is not so laid back when she doesn't get a chance to nap all day (duh!) I crammed too much into my schedule on Monday and as a result, she never got more than 15 or 20 minutes of sleep at a time. She was still as rowdy as ever come 9 PM but then LOST it and we saw a new side of her for the next couple hours. Never again I say! Poor girl. Total mommy fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment