Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas at the Croziers

It gets bigger every year! Graham's work schedule during Christmas week was *cough* not so great but I was able to switch my work days around a bit so we could have a pocket of time on the 23rd to celebrate with the Crozier side. This year we were excited to welcome Scotty and his girlfriend Kristen into town the night before our big celebration. Their flight kept getting bumped later and later but they finally arrived ~9:30 PM so we could EAT.
Miss Isla pie was still chattin' it up with herself in bed and so we let her come down for her second dinner - cheese fondue followed by chocolate fondue for the adults!
We had a giant slumber party so we could all wake up together and have Christmas. Stockings came first and the girls had a ball!
We ate a delicious breakfast of cinnamon rolls and eggs and then headed off to church.
The girls were so happy to see their uncle and something tells me the feeling was mutual. He spoiled them (all of us actually) rotten with Christmas gifts!
Our lovely hostess
John and Tash's gift to us was the highlight for both Graham and I. They MADE us the coolest wooden Advent Countdown Calendar! It has 25 drawers for us to fill with special goodies or activity ideas to do together to countdown to Christmas as a family. I was SO excited when I opened it because I'd been desperately wanting to make one for the girls this year but had to prioritize and only was able to manage the bare minimum this season. What a labor of love - thanks John & Tash! Seriously. We are going to build so many memories using it. 
After gifts, we ate "Christmas" dinner. Graham contributed his famous duck with cherry port sauce and I made a kale and beet salad (red and green!) Alas, I have no food pictures to post. Then rest of the evening was leisurely with good conversations and plenty of sugar. I am so lucky to have married in to such a fun family! 

No comments:

Post a Comment