Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Oh Blogger!

Why oh why is it that on the days when I have a moment to post, blogger is down for the count and won't let me post pictures? I was hoping to upload a gazillion of Christmas pictures to summarize our past few weeks but it looks like I have to postpone that plan.

Lo siento to all my readers. You will just have to endure a boring, picture-less post filled with random ramblings.

Well, winter quarter has commenced! We are 5 days in and I haven't cried yet (this is a very, very good sign!) I am hopeful that last quarter was the hardest part but now that we've proven to ourselves that we can do it, we can coast* to the finish in June. Of course, we're only 5 days in but hey, I'm trying to be positive here.

*And by coast I mean Graham working 60-80 hour weeks with me holding down the fort alone at home. Somehow though that no longer feels like a death sentence since we've been there, down that and come out ok on the other side.

It probably helps that Graham is easing back into the quarter with only 1 to 1 1/2 days of clinicals per week for the month of January since the school was unable to find enough preceptors to work with. Unfortunately the downside to "easing in" is that his spring break will be eliminated as he will have to make up for those lost clinical hours during that time. But, I have a hard time complaining because he was placed at a clinic at Evergreen Hospital which is exactly 1.9 miles from our house. It beats commuting to Pullayup 5 times over. Maybe 10. Yesterday he even came home and ate lunch with us - amazing!

As an aside, I feel like I often list my blessings and they include a wonderful family, good friends, lovely children, yummy food, shelter etc etc. But sometimes I forget to mention my FREAKIN' AWESOME husband! (And no, this is not a blog hack). I fell in love with him all over again in the past week and a half. I sometimes find myself speechlessly in awe that I am the lucky girl he calls his wife. Our personalities could not be more different but it works and it works really well. I love dreaming with him, the way he parents our girls, the way he goes along with basically any crazy idea that I come up with. I love that I can tell him "Hey! I need a plane ticket with my name on it" and his response is "Ok!" I love our marriage and praise God it has only grown stronger during this busy season!

So here's to the second to last quarter of grad school! 11 down, 2 more to go - wooohooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment