Friday, January 25, 2013

Thanks

One big giant THANKS to all of you who have reached out to me in the past 36 hours! I am so grateful for the prayers and company and offers of help. I must confess I feel a bit sheepish for waving my white flag so publicly but it has been a good reminder to me of how many wonderful people we have in our lives to help share the load when the going gets tough. Last night I was invited to dinner at a friend's followed by a chick flick while Graham was in class. Today I got to spend time and eat lunch with my nephew and brother and sister-in-law. Tonight another friend has offered to bring dinner and help me put the kids to bed. And then I just got off the phone my wonderful mother-in-law who called to see if she could come watch the girls so I could go to Starbucks (this after already watching the girls Saturday night through Monday AND with plans in place to watch them for a couple hours tomorrow and Monday). I feel like I just had a baby or something but no, I've just had a hard week! You all are incredible!

Today's devotional in the book Jesus Calling was perfect for where I have been at this week: 

"Through the intimacy of our relationship, you are being transformed from the inside out. As you keep your focus on Me, I form you into the one I desire you to be. Your part is to yield to My creative work in you, neither resisting it nor trying to speed it up. Enjoy the tempo of a God-breathed life by letting Me set the pace. Hold my hand in child-like trust, and the way before you will open up step by step."

This was an important reminder for me that God is at work even amidst what feels like craziness and chaos. That I need to continue to seek him and allow him to lead and change me (though the process may not always be fun!) AND to let him set the pace. In the meantime, I'm so thankful for the very tangible from you all that I am loved. 

1 comment:

  1. God is good! We have been praying for your family and are so happy to hear about all of these tangible expressions of love. Here's to hoping the rest of Graham's schooling passes by quickly :)

    ReplyDelete