Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Isla turns 1 1/2

 From what I could tell, Isla enjoyed her half birthday. I sang her "Happy Half Birthday" probably at least 12 times which she loved! Towards the end of the day, she was hum/singing what sounded like "Happy, happy day."
 Graham had to work so we didn't give her a present until Sunday but I took her shopping at Target on the day of and let her help pick out her gift. She has been enjoying her Aquadoodle (a mat that you color on with a water pen) immensely ever since.
 She likes to say "I, I, I, I" while coloring. I have to wonder if she's trying to spell her name because we've "helped" her write her name numerous times, saying the letters as we go.
I didn't make a cake for her since she'd enjoyed a rather indulgent ice cream cake in celebrating a couple weeks prior. But I did make her homemade spinach pasta with pesto and broccoli for her half birthday meal. It was a little green in appearance but she happily gobbled up 2 whole plates full. And of course there was a candle in her dinner for tradition's sake (don't mind my singing and note she was probably cutting that molar as I was filming...)

1 comment:

  1. Isn't the aqua doodle the best! I love letting Liam be able to practice drawing without having to hover to make sure he doesn't mark up the table with crayons!

    ReplyDelete