Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Goodbye January!

If I'm honest, I'm ready for February to come. Or at least I think I am. Lots of fun things happen in February. There's my half birthday and Isla's half birthday and Emma's half birthday should be in there too though she technically doesn't have a half birthday since there is no February 30th. How did I let that happen?! Oh and then of course there's Valentine's Day.

January has been a bit bumpy this year. It started with illness for all of us girls, sleep deprivation, a near loss of my milk supply, poor growth and bottle rejection for Emma, a second bout of illness for the girls, sleep training. And then some bad news. It's been stressful and I've been emotional. But I've also been growing in my faith and for that I am grateful. I'm gaining perspective. So many of these challenges are temporary and so I'm learning to focus on the eternal.

I'm really looking forward to flipping my calendar page tomorrow and starting a new month. There are lots of things in February that I'm really nervous about but also so many occasions to celebrate. I for one just adore holidays and of course Valentine's Day is no exception. I mean really, what girl doesn't love a little extra affection from her man if she's being completely honest? Isla's already asking "What is a Valentine?" and I'm excited to show her! Happy February!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure February has better things in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need to catch up...I'm afraid you're sounding a bit cryptic on this post - I hope you are okay, and I'm wishing for a better February for you, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete