Saturday, January 7, 2012

Peas!

The Crozier girls got to spend four blessed days in Bellingham last week while Graham worked. We were all a bit sick so it was wonderful to have helping hands to take care of us. My mom is always so creative. It's now wonder Isla always loves going to Grandma and Grandpa's!
This time the big hit was the tub of dried split pea with stacking cups for digging.
Isla scooped away for over an hour I think (a record for her typical attention span!) and even Emma got in on the action.
She had a good teacher to show her the ropes.
Pretty soon she was scooping away too.
My Dad and Ben were also there and we enjoyed some good family time playing games and doing the hardest 1000 piece puzzle ever (it took all 4 days!)
I didn't have to prepare a meal or do the dishes once (mostly because someone was conveniently needing to be changed or fed or go down for a nap at just the right time) and it was wonderful. I had the most down time I think since Emma was born and now I'm wondering why I haven't gone up there more often for a little "vacation."  Both girls get so much attention and Isla hardly needs me because she has so many fun toys to play with.
My girls managed to pee or poop on some article of clothing or pjs every single day we were there (4 for 4!) but my mom was there so I didn't even have to do the laundry. Needless to say, I think I will be going back again soon! Thanks for letting us ring in the New Year with you, Mom, Dad and Ben!

No comments:

Post a Comment