Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Joy

My devotional this morning was about finding joy in all circumstances. As I was reading, I thought to myself: This is an easy one! My life is filled with so much joy right now. 

Little did I know what the day would hold. Graham received word that his dear grandpa is passing. And the girls have been in cahoots and secretly declared it Attack on the Parents Day, I'm sure. My eldest has called me out on numerous occasions already that I "highered" my voice which is a kind way of saying I yelled. Our attempt at a nice family outing concluded with whining and timeouts only to follow the discovery that the van we'd graciously parked in the Safeway lot to leave room for guests had died there. Um, OK.

Now I am taking 5 minutes to myself. Not because the house is quiet and the kids are entertained. No, actually I've fielded at least 16 questions in the five minutes I've been sitting here. But I need to take this moment to remember that life is precious. Each moment is such a gift. Look at my beautiful children. Count it all joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment