Saturday, August 30, 2014

Dear Emma

A very happy birthday to my precious 3 year old! You, my dear, are beautiful both inside and out. You've got the looks AND the personality to go with it for sure! And that hair!!! You have your daddy to thank for your thick and gorgeous locks that makes grown women drool.
You are our silly girl and I don't think ever a day has passed when you haven't made us laugh. You have had a hard time falling asleep at night lately and I never know how I will find you when I come to check on you before I go to bed. Sometimes you're asleep in the hall, sometimes you're actually in your bed (but never facing the right direction!) and 98.9% of the time you've changed your outfit a time or two. The other night I found you lying backwards on your bed with your feet on your pillow, awake and wearing a tutu at 10 PM!! Though you may be drenched in sweat, you insist on TWO blankets at bedtime and sometimes socks too. Silly girl!   
You are incredibly expressive and have a love of entertaining others combined with a shy and sometimes reserved side that sets you apart. I adore the way you run to animatedly tell us that you are watching a movie (!!!), no matter that we were the ones who turned it on for you. Your love of technology is undeniable. As is your musical gifting. I'm excited to see where these things take you. And you are oh so very tender and give hugs and words of affirmation generously. If only everyone could have an Emma in their life to encourage them! I love this about you.
Once we figure out what motivates you, we will have struck gold. You are STRONG and driven in a way that is so uniquely you. You basically potty trained yourself once you set your mind to it. Our prayer for you is that you would grow to know and love Jesus and follow Him all of your days. That we as your parents would lean into your strength, tenderness and beauty and guide you to use those gifts for God's glory. You rocked my world, Emma, when you joined our family. In a very, very good way. You are a gift to everyone you meet and we love you so much!
 
Happy Birthday,
Mom and Dad
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment