Sunday, August 17, 2014

Jack 10 Months

 If Jack could talk (and he's getting close), he'd probably tell you this hasn't been his greatest month. At the end of July, we took him on his first camping trip out of the womb - The Young Family Campout. Unfortunately he timed the start of a nasty virus perfectly. We had a blast but he was a bit out of sorts with goopy eyes and general malaise and spent most of the trip in arms or in my mummy bag with me. Needless to say, not much sleep happened! 
 
He still wasn't 100% for our second camping trip the following weekend (which I already told you about), but at least he slept better. He loved the sand at the beach and the wind in his hair made him laugh.
He cries whenever I enter a room (he's a mama's boy through and through) and is really such a generally cheerful, laid back kid. I think if you (or more accurately I) held him all day, he would never cry.
 
He's absolutely stationary still and doesn't seem to see much reason to get up and move. Grandma C says she found him sitting up once in the crib so he's somehow managed to get from his belly to a sitting position a time or two.
 
He LOVES blueberries and has to be rationed (trust me). He also really likes string cheese and raspberries. He hates Cheerios and cries if ever you give them to him. I've never encountered this "problem" before!
His favorite book is his bright baby animals book and he laughs when you show him pictures of all the animals. He loves playing the toy piano, beating spoons on pots and making all sorts of sounds (musician in the making??)

He's totally self-sufficient with the sippy and thinks he can fly solo with lid-less cups too (he can't) but he has managed to figure out a straw. 
He's starting to mimic sounds you make and has mastered Da-da, Ya-ya (which I'm choosing to believe is Mama), Isla and Yeah. For whatever reason, when I first taught him Mama, I rocked my head from side to side so now he does that every time which is a riot.
 
I had to laugh one day when Isla came inside yelling "Mommmmmm! Emma's giving Jack all the mint!" I came running outside, envisioning him not breathing with a mint leaf in his throat, and found him cheerfully throwing the stuff like confetti. When I asked Emma to stop giving it to him, she said, "But Mom! He LOVES mint!" Lol
He's down to 2 naps with an occasional 3rd cat nap if one of the first 2 are short and he can sleep in his car seat or stroller when we're out and about if need be.
 
Not many people can say they look good when they sleep but baby Jack can! Oh my word I could kiss and squeeze his cheeks all day! These jammies don't help matters either. I bought them in a larger size because I loved them so much.
He's finally developing more of a fondness for pools and the bath. He's learning the art of splashing and had a great time at our last visit to the Greenlake Peanut Pool (as us Croziers call it for some reason).
I'll end with this awesome clip of our little morning person. He wakes up bouncy and ready for the day! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment