Sunday, August 31, 2014

Splash Park Party!

 Having kids is teaching me a lot about myself. Like I stink at gift-giving. And also kids' birthday parties aren't really my thing. But I do love celebrating and making sure my kids know they are a big deal and so for fear of being a total Grinch, I plowed ahead and helped throw a little something for Isla. I will probably never throw a Pinterest-worst bash but I'm ok with that. This year I enlisted a party planner and I don't know why I had never thought to employ her before. Isla put together invitations, made a guest list and selected her menu. It. Was. Awesome.
 I kept asking her what we should serve for lunch and she would just tell me "Mom, I'll decide when we get to Costco." We ended up serving salami, cheese, rolls, grapes and yogurt along with water and apple juice. Perfect! She chose to have a gathering at Crossroads Splash Park in Bellevue and we did it on a Tuesday morning to keep it casual.
 It just so happens that Isla's friends are the children of some of the most amazing women who just so happen to be my friends too! :)
Try as we might, it proved impossible to get a picture with all four of these buds - Isla, Maicy, Scout and Lannie - both looking and smiling.
 Isla chose a special cupcake wrapper for her cupcake (you can get the recipe here) and she loaded on the sprinkles to make sure to set it apart. She was pretty pumped about her "5" candle too.
 If you're planning a party in the near future, this girl's for hire! Seriously.

1 comment: