Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Big Three-O (gasp)

 I remember back in the day when my parents were in their 30s. Man were they ever old. Now somehow I'm there too which is totally unfathomable. I mean, when my parents were in their 30s, they were so official and always seemed to know what they were doing when it came to parenting. Now that I've reached the milestone, I'm in on their secret. Us 30-year-olds, we may look like we know a lot to our kids but the reality is that we're totally faking it and have absolutely no clue what we are doing. Sorry kids.
 
Anyhow, though I may be faking it now, I hear the thirties are really good for women so I'm excited to see if I agree. I have to admit, they've taken a turn for the better now that I've finally almost kicked that never-ending cold I caught camping. They got even better on Sunday when my dear sister-in-law planned and organized a make-your-own-personal-pizza-bar birthday bash in my honor. My parents and sister and her kids were able to attend along with the local Croziers. John is a pizza mastermind and made sure no one went hungry.
 My wonderful sister-in-law Tash who knows my love languages and went out of her way to make sure I was well celebrated this year.
See what I mean? She even coordinated this banner with pictures from my childhood.
 Some of the party-goers
 Do you see what's behind me here?
Ah yeah. That would be 24 ice cream toppings for our second course: an ice cream sundae buffet!! I definitely wasn't the only one in heaven!
 We had fun. A lot of fun. Some of us maybe even too much fun... 
Thanks to Tash in particular but also to my wonderful families for making me feel extra loved this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment