Monday, August 25, 2014

Dear Isla

 A very happy birthday to my very favorite FIVE year old! Your daddy and I love you so much and are so grateful to be your parents! You are our little power house in every way - tons of energy, lots of emotion, never-ending ideas and creativity, and incredible leadership skills all wrapped up in a curly-topped, beautiful girl.  
You are oh so very brave and I burst with pride (and envy!) when I think about you in new challenging situations. You enter a room full of strangers and almost immediately make new friends. I have no doubt you will do well at school this year.
I also love watching you play with the friends you already have. Those you befriend sure are blessed kids! You talk about them frequently throughout the day and I love how you save them treasures you find and make all sorts of letters to send them in the mail. When you have play dates, you play happily for hours without any sort of conflict.
The past few months have been packed with change and transition. You have handled the adjustments with beauty and ease and we are so proud of how cheerfully you've adopted Grandma and Grandpa's as "home" (and you are quick to correct us if we don't refer to it as so!). I love the enthusiasm with which you approach our home tours "Mom, do you want to buy this house!?" 
I love the way you care for and keep an eye out for your siblings. They look up to you so much and I pray you will take your role as big sister seriously, leading by example and demonstrating selflessness and generosity. I've loved watching you give Emma the pink cup at mealtimes because you "know it's her favorite color."
As your parents, we have a lot of hopes and dreams for you but above all, we want you to know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. We want you to know never-ending grace and acceptance and that our home is one of forgiveness and reconciliation when you do make mistakes. We love you so very, very much, Isla Pie! I'll close with a couple special words from your daddy: "We pray that your hair remains curly and your heart remains pure." :)
 
Love,
Mom and Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment