Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thankful - Day 16: My Best Friend

This guy gave me the most incredible gift today: a morning completely "off" to go out to breakfast with some girlfriends I've been pining for time with for a while now. After a loooong three days of me parenting solo, this outing was so needed. It was a last minute idea for me to leave Jack behind (first time ever) but all went great. I thoroughly enjoyed drinking three mugs of HOT coffee, cradling my mug with both hands (I never seem to have both available anymore...) I don't know that most men would attempt to leave the house their first time alone with three kids but Graham is a brave fellow and ventured out to Molbaks to enjoy the Christmas decor. And did I mention his also took apart and fixed the garbage disposal while I was away? They were gone when I returned from my breakfast so I was even able to sneak in a quick stroller-less run before I returned to my regular duties. The morning was totally rejuvenating and I almost felt like me again!

No comments:

Post a Comment