Saturday, November 9, 2013

Thankful - Day 9: Quiet Night

Today I am thankful for a much-needed quiet night at home with Graham. It was really hard for us to say no to yet another Crozier family gathering tonight but we've been out past our curfew for too many nights in a row and we are feeling it. Our adorable son is keeping me up the majority of the night and so tonight we had to make the responsible call and stay home in hopes of catching up on some rest. The girls were in bed by the stroke of 7 PM and all has been quiet since. Graham and I have enjoyed the quiet house and a few other indulgences like dark chocolate, red wine and a card game. Absolutely lovely if I do say so myself.
But today's thankfulness is multifaceted. How could I not also be incredibly thankful for the Welch family who spur of the moment offered to swing by and take the girls to the Museum of Flight today so I could rest and try to catch up on life and heal from this wretched illness. Did I mention that Rachel is over 37 weeks pregnant? We have very good friends, I tell you what!

No comments:

Post a Comment