Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful - Day 28: Family Fun

Forgive me, I don't quite know how this works. I'm not sure when I stop posting what I am thankful for. :) 
We had a lovely Thanksgiving in Bellingham with my family. The kids of course had a blast with one another and with the giant turkey inflatable and hat courtesy of my Uncle Bob. 
We missed Graham a lot but I know he was able to bring some extra cheer to his patients at work. I'm thankful he works so hard to provide for our family and does so without complaining, even when it means working on holidays. I think the best memory for me this year will be remembering the oldest three cousins' first attempt at a slumber party in the bunk beds made by Grandpa. It took 2+ hours of giggling and antics and tattle tailing before we finally removed one of them until sleep took over. I was awoken in the middle of the night to Gideon crying. He sobbed "Where's Emma?" when I came in and my heart skipped a beat when I realized her sleeping bag on the floor was indeed empty with blankets strewn about. I found her a few minutes later, fast asleep, two feet deep under one of the beds... Oh the next morning, all three kids awoke in a different bed than we put them down in. :)
So thankful for the joy my family brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment